Before you can join servers you need to set a couple of configuration:
- Configure IP Address and Default Gateway : https://hazmiothman.wordpress.com/2014/10/08/configure-host-ip-address-and-guest-ip-address/
- Promote your Domain: https://hazmiothman.wordpress.com/2014/10/07/how-to-promote-or-deploy-active-directory-domain-service/
On the first configuration, it is quite similar to configure Host and Guest machine, to the real physical server. just get the DNS, Gateway and Subnet mask IP address a set it to all the server.
after your configure all the servers ip address to one DNS, Gateway and Subnet now you can Promote your Domain. After you Promote your Domain, your can set and join all the server to that Domain Server.
(This steps applies to all the server that you want to join to one domain)
1. Go ‘Start‘, and Right click on ‘Computer‘ or ‘This PC‘, and Click on ‘Properties‘.
2. On the System Window, Go to Computer Name, Domain, and Workgroup Setting Section, and click on ‘Change Settings’.
3. The ‘System Properties‘ will appear, on the Computer Name tab your Can type in any description, the best practices is that the description relates to the server.
4. Then Still on the Computer Name Tab, Click on ‘Change…‘ button.
5. On the ‘Computer Name/Domain Changes‘, type in your server name in the ‘Computer Name‘ box.
6. On the ‘Member of‘, below select Domain, and type in your Domain. this will show a pop up authentication for the Administrator of your Domain account. click on OK
7. Then you need to Restart your Machine,
8. after Restarting you can Login as your Domain administrator account.
This type of setting and Configuration is useful for setting up Multiple server, 2 or more tier server farms.